Sunday, January 22, 2012

my week







This week I made a sock monkey, knitted socks and started a shawl. I made a mat for my cardinal photos, taken by Kate of Chronicles of a Country Girl. She takes awesome photos and sells them in her etsy shop. I used a piece of stash fabric....one of my gorgeous gradients from Vicki. I painted the rickrack black, it was bright red. I'm very pleased with the project especially since I used things I had here. They are hanging in my kitchen and I'm loving them. I also played with watercolors and a did a bit of drawing. Of course, I was highly entertained by the kitties. Hope you had a great week.

5 comments:

Deborah Levy said...

You have really been busy Yvonne!. The sock monkey is so cute...and you have gotten a lot of knitting done too.

I am very impressed with you sketchbook drawings...I really struggle with faces, but you have it down pat!.

And I always love da kitty pics :>)

Vicki W said...

That is an awesome kitty pic. Looks like there is about to be an attack!

Erin said...

Love everything!!! Who is the person? I think you did an wonderful job with everything...and is that Frankie? adorable...

MARCIE said...

You did have a great week! I love that you used what was on hand and esp. that you painted the rick rack! I am back in the swing and getting stuff done too. Four new patterns almost ready--must do the dreaded instructions!
Keep smiling my friend!

~Bren~ said...

SO creative!! I LOVE the cardinals. The mat and ric rac really make it! Your drawings are so good. I am talentless in that area :(