Thursday, October 22, 2009

Break is Over

And I didn't even mean to take a break. The days turned into weeks and then months. I'm back and hope to have lots to share.

I had a wonderful visit with Libby yesterday. She's as warm and friendly as I thought she would be. We chatted away and the time just flew by. I think it will become quite habitforming. :)

I've been knitting the past few weeks. I've made a few dishrags, a scarf and a hat for hubby, thanks to a great pattern from Paula.

Kim gave us a challenge in August to finish 3 things. I did finish 3 tops, thanks to her. Now, I'm working on a portrait quilt. I'm taking Jean Shute's class at MQResource. I'm having fun with it....it surely is a learning process.

I've gotten some more of Vicki's wonderful hand dyes that I plan to use in another art quilt. Vicki's has lots of gorgeous fabrics in her esty shop, her service is excellent and special orders are welcomed.

I don't have all my pictures ready to go with this post but I'm going to put it up anyways. Don't want it to be weeks before I actually post it. Thanks for stopping by.....your visits are always the highlight of my day.

11 comments:

Vicki W said...

Yay! You are back!

Teresa said...

Glad to see you here again!

Paula, the quilter said...

I, too, am glad you are back to posting.

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

WooHoo you are back!

Hugs

Erin said...

glad you and Libby had a nice visit!

Paula, the quilter said...

Me again. Just wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and entering the giveaway for the Kaffe Fassett fabric.

Libby said...

We had a nice day - didn't we? *s*

MARCIE said...

Breaks are good and even necessary at times. So glad you had fun with Libby! What a treat for both of you!

Kim said...

Glad to see you back!

Mary Johnson said...

You really did take a break didn't you? I'm so used to posting that it feels odd if I go a day or two without writing something even if it's not that interesting.

I've got some of Vicki's hand dyed fabrics too and I have to figure out what I want to make with them.

karen said...

Happy Halloween